Friday, October 27, 2017

My Lord is indeed the Hearer of Prayer - Quran Chapter 14 – 39 (Pt-13, Stg-3) (L-1643) - درس قرآن



Quran Chapter 14  39 (Pt-13, Stg-3) (L-1643) - درس قرآن

My Lord is indeed the Hearer of Prayer

Surah ‘Ibraahiim (Abraham) - 14

‘A-‘uu-zu  Billaahi minash-Shay-taanir- Rajiim.
(I seek refuge in God from Satan the outcast.)

Bis-Millaahir-Rah-maanir-Rahiim.
(In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful.)

ٱلْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ ٱلَّذِى وَهَبَ لِى عَلَى ٱلْكِبَرِ إِسْمَٰعِيلَ وَإِسْحَٰقَ إِنَّ رَبِّىلَسَمِيعُ ٱلدُّعَآءِ 39

39.  Praise be to Allah Who hath given me, in my old age, Ishmael and Isaac! Lo! My Lord is indeed the Hearer of Prayer.     
39.  ‘Al-Hamdu  Lillaahil-lazii  wahaba  lii  ‘alal-kibari  ‘Ismaa-‘iila  wa  ‘Is-haaq.  ‘Inna  Rab-bii  la-Samii-‘ud-Du-‘aaa’.    
   
Commentary

Messenger Abraham (peace be upon him) is busy in supplications before The Lord. He remembered his Lord’s (Allah’s) those particular favors which He graced upon him (peace be upon him). He (peace be upon him) remembers them and says: If I do not pray from You then from whom I should? Certainly; You hear the prayers and fulfill requirements of the people. I had been old and did not have any child. I prayed from You that I should not be left childless. You heard my supplication and during my old age, You gave – not only one but two sons, named Ishmael and Isaac (peace be upon them).

Then there was no doubt that indeed You hear prayers of Your servants and grant them. Therefore, I have produced myself in Your Court, and pray to make this township blessed. Land of this region does not produce any crop. While irrespective of apparent causes, You bestowed son like Isaac (peace be upon him) to me, the old man, whose wife is also old, then it is not difficult for You to provide fruits for food of inhabitants of this barren and droughty land, and guide them to be thankful to You.

It seems after reciting these prayers of Prophet Abraham (peace be upon him) that it is also one elegance out of prayer’s respects that by remembering previous favors, one should be thankful, and having regard for those kindness, one should ask about more favors.      

Transliterated Holy Qur’an in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazaar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif). https://youtu.be/-hnS13u8bKo

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Complete Code of Life - Islam

Commentary on Last Scripture

Commentary on Last Scripture Volume 1   Lessons # 1 to 528 from Parts 1 to 4 of Holy Qur’an, Lessons from Chapters: 1.’Al -Faatihah ...