(I seek refuge in God from Satan the outcast.)
(In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful.)
73. They said: By Allah, well ye know we came not to do evil in the land, and are no thieves.
74. They said: And what shall be the penalty for it, if ye prove liars?
75. They said: The penalty for it! He in whose bag (the cup) is found, he is the penalty for it. Thus we requite wrongdoers.
73. Qaaluu tAllaahi laqad ‘alim-tum- maa ji’-naa linufsida fil-‘arzi wa maa kunnaa saari-qiin.
74. Qaaluu famaa jazaaa-‘u-huuu ‘in- kuntum kaazi-biin.
75. Qaaluu jazaaa-‘u-huu manw-wujida fii rahlihii fahu-wa jazaaa-‘uh. Kazaalika naj-ziz-zaalimiin.