Friday, June 22, 2018

Trust in Allah in addition to labor and skill - Quran Chapter 18 – 37 & 38 (Pt-15, Stg-4) (L-1881) درس قرآن



Quran Chapter 18  37 & 38 (Pt-15, Stg-4) (L-1881) درس قرآن

Trust in Allah in addition to labor and skill

Chapter Kahf (The Cave) – 18

‘A-‘uu-zu  Billaahi minash-Shay-taanir- Rajiim.
(I seek refuge in God from Satan the outcast)

Bis-Millaahir-Rah-maanir-Rahiim.
(In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful)

قَالَ لَهُۥ صَاحِبُهُۥ وَهُوَ يُحَاوِرُهُۥٓ أَكَفَرْتَ بِٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكَ مِن تُرَابٍ ثُمَّ مِننُّطْفَةٍ ثُمَّ سَوَّىٰكَ رَجُلًا 37

  لَّٰكِنَّا۠ هُوَ ٱللَّهُ رَبِّى وَلَآ أُشْرِكُ بِرَبِّىٓ أَحَدًا 38

37.  His comrade, when he (thus) spake with him, exclaimed: Disbelievest thou in Him Who created thee of dust, then of a drop (of seed), and then fashioned thee a man?

38.  But He is Allah, my Lord, and I ascribe unto my Lord no partner.
37.  Qaala  lahuu  saahi-buhuu  wa  huwa  yuhaa-wiruhuuu  ‘aka-farta  bil-Lazii  khalaqaka  min  turaabin-  summa  min-nutfatin  summa  sawwaaka  rajulaa.

38.  Laakinna  HuwAllaahu  Rabbii  wa  laaa  ‘ushriku  bi-Rabbiii  ‘ahadaa.
        
Commentary

Sawwaa(ka) – {He fashioned (you)}, it is a past tense from the word taswiyatun, origin of which is sa-wa-ya. Sawaaa-‘un means “equal”. Taswiyatun means “to fit everything at its proper place”.

Laakinna – (but I), actually these are two separate words – laakin (but) and ‘ana (I). After dropping down the first ‘a’ of ‘ana, it has become Laakinna.

The people of the world consider that riches and prosperity are fruit of their labor and intelligence. The person, who is absorbed in worldly affairs, says: “I have gotten these all things by my knowledge and skill, and have been managing it according to my own planning. I know the way of earning, so I earn and enjoy. The people praise God (Allah Almighty) and His Messenger (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon him), Qur’an and Shariyah (the Religious Law of God) without grounds. Themselves they can do nothing, but by getting others too into these difficulties, they wish to make them wretched” (Let us flee to God).

After hearing the thoughts of first comrade, the other answered: Being so proud is not better. Have you forgotten your Creator Who created you of a drop (of seed), which however was made from the elements of dust, and then He fashioned you a healthy man? After that when everything was acquired by His Grace, then you began to turn away from Him and say: Whatsoever I did, did at my own. Not at all my comrade! I can’t do this. I have been observing clearly that only Allah Almighty is my Lord. Whatsoever I possess, is given by Him mercifully. He arranged to bring me up during my childhood. When I became young, He taught me to take work from sense and physical strength; given by Him. Now whatsoever I have been doing, am doing by the courage; bestowed by Him. I look none save Allah Almighty who would have given me sense and power to do. So I do not ascribe any partner unto my Lord.     

Transliterated Holy Qur’an in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazaar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif). https://youtu.be/voisWmuTKjI

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Complete Code of Life - Islam

Commentary on Last Scripture

Commentary on Last Scripture Volume 1   Lessons # 1 to 528 from Parts 1 to 4 of Holy Qur’an, Lessons from Chapters: 1.’Al -Faatihah ...