Thursday, October 13, 2016

Three persons who could not join Army -1

Lesson # 1168 from Holy Qur-’aan

Three persons who could not join Army -1

Surah ‘TAWBAH or BARAAA-‘AH (REPENTANCE) – Chapter – 9)
Stage – 2, Verse –129 of 129, Section – 16 of 16 (Part – 11)
                                                                        
BisMillaahir-Rahmaanir-Rahiim
In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful
                                                                                       
                                                                             
Lesson
 
A Companion (May Allah be pleased with him) of the Messenger (grace, blessings and peace of Allah be on Him) says: I participated in every Battle (Ghazwah) along with the Prophet of Allah Almighty save the Battle of Tabuuk. In those days, I was most powerful and prosperous. I had two camels first time in life during that period, which were very strong and able to travel duly loaded fully.

Before this Battle, Messenger of Allah Almighty did never proclaim for any Battle; in which He had to participate, but for the Battle of Tabuuk, He announced and commanded to be prepared for the Battle of Tabuuk. At that time, the weather was very hot, journey was very long, the Army had to cross very vast deserts; and the war was against a most powerful enemy. Therefore, every individual was informed very clearly that they had to move for war against so and so enemy and make full preparation.

At that time, crops of fruit were ready, the people desired to take rest under shadowy trees and enjoy with the fruit. I had also inclined towards the same. I used to intend for preparation in the morning daily, but in the evening, when I used to see that nothing is done, then I used to think: Ok! I would move up in the tomorrow morning certainly.

It was in my heart: I have every that thing which I need, so there is no need to be prepared. When I shall wish; I shall move up immediately. In such contrivances, the Army went forth and had gone very far. I wanted to proceed and join them, but in it also; I delayed. And at last, I had remained behind. Then I observed that around me, there were only Hypocrites and excusable people, even that the Messenger along with the Army arrived at Tabuuk. Even afterwards too, one Ansaari (permanent resident of Madinah), named Abu Khasiimah (May Allah be pleased with him) mustered courage and joined Them. But I could not go forth.

When they returned, I thought: I can be saved from the anger of the Messenger (grace, blessings and peace be on Him) by making any false excuse. Then I determined: I shall speak the truth only without any hesitation, whether I am punished or otherwise. Some more than eighty persons were present in the Court of the Messenger and wanted to please Him by telling false excuses. Messenger (grace, blessings and peace on Him) accepted their excuses and condition of their heart was abandoned on Allah Almighty. When I reached my turn, I spoke the truth: I have no excuse, but delayed due to laziness only. Messenger (grace, blessings and peace be on Him) said: You have spoken the truth, now go away and wait for the decision of Allah Almighty. I returned and arrived at home.

The people said to me: Go back unto the Messenger (grace, blessings and peace on Him) and produce any false excuse. He (grace, blessings and peace on Him) is gentle and merciful, will forgive you. I asked: Has any other done like me? The people replied: Yes! There are two more persons like you, who spoke the truth. They are Maraarah bin ‘Ar-Rabii’ and Hilal bin Umayyah. I said: They are very pious persons, I shall follow them. And I refused to produce untrue matter.

Transliterated Holy Qur’aan in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazaar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Complete Code of Life - Islam

Commentary on Last Scripture

Commentary on Last Scripture Volume 1   Lessons # 1 to 528 from Parts 1 to 4 of Holy Qur’an, Lessons from Chapters: 1.’Al -Faatihah ...